Thursday, October 16
1. Optimization in Infrastructure Planning and Management 10:00-13:00
Organizer: Shunsuke Hayashi (Tohoku University)
- Kiyoyuki Kaito* (Osaka University), Kiyoshi Kobayashi (Kyoto University), Daijiro Mizutani (Osaka University)
"Optimization of Infrastructure Management: Toward Asset-metrics"
- Yuki Takayama (Ehime University)
"An analysis of stable equilibria in non-convex spatial economies: Emergence of the rank-size rule in a new economic geography model"
- Takashi Akamatsu (Tohoku University), Kentaro Wada (The University of Tokyo)
"Dynamic Network Traffic Flow Problems"
2. Challenges to Optimal Energy Usage and Management 14:30-17:30
Organizer: Mihiro Sasaki (Nanzan University)
- Atsuhiro Koyama (Kansai Electric Power Co. Ltd.)
"KANSAI's approaches to the large installation of renewable energy"
PDF (title page)
- Ryuta Takashima*, Yuto Takano (Tokyo University of Science), Yuta Naito (Mitsubishi UFJ Morgan Stanley Securities Co., Ltd.)
"An Economic Evaluation for Replacement of Power Generations under Uncertainty"
- Afzal Siddiqui (University College London), Makoto Tanaka* (National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies), Yihsu Chen (University of California-Merced)
"Policy Analysis of Renewable Energy: RPS and Mathematical Program with Equilibrium Constraints"
- Ryohei Yokoyama (Osaka Prefecture University)
"Optimal Design of Distributed Energy Systems—Focusing on Approach in Consideration of Hierarchical Relationship Between Design and Operation—"
Friday, October 17
3. Four Big Projects of Computer Science that Lead the World 09:30-12:30
Organizer: Naoki Katoh (Kyoto University)
- Masato Okada (The University of Tokyo)
"Three Levels of machine learning and data-driven science"
- Shin-ichi Minato (Hokkaido University)
"Principal Results and Resent Activities of ERATO MINATO Discrete Structure Manipulation System Project"
- Osamu Watanabe (Tokyo Institute of Technology)
2On the Project ELC, Exploring the Limits of Computation"
- Ken-ichi Kawarabayashi (National Institute of Informatics)
"Analysis and Efficient algorithm for large graphs"
4. Integer Programming 14:00-17:00
Organizer: Yuji Shinano (Zuse Institute Berlin)
- Martin Grötschel (Zuse Institute Berlin, Technical University Berlin, MATHEON Berlin)
"Future perspectives of optimization: My view"
- Martina Fischetti (University of Aalborg), Matteo Fischetti*, Michele Monaci (University of Padova)
"Proximity search heuristics for Mixed Integer Programs"
- Christian Bliek (IBM France), Pierre Bonami (IBM Spain), Andrea Lodi*(University of Bologna)
"Solving Mixed-Integer Quadratic Programming problems with IBM-CPLEX: a progress report"
- Tobias Achterberg*, Robert E. Bixby, Zonghao Gu, Edward (Gurobi Optimization), Dieter Weninger (University Erlangen-Nürnberg)
"Multi-Row Presolve Reductions in Mixed Integer Programming"